The draft outline of the 13th Five-Year Plan (2016-2020) on national economy and social development was presented on March 5 to the Fourth Session of the 12th National People's Congress for review.
Following are the goals and missions set in the draft outline for the years between 2016 and 2020.
- Keep medium-high growth to double China's GDP and per capita income by 2020 from the 2010 level.
- Promote innovative, coordinated, green, open, and shared development.
- Make breakthroughs in core technologies including information communication, new energy, new materials, aviation, biological medicine and intelligent manufacturing.
- Advance scientific research on universe evolution, material structure, origin of life, as well as brain and cognition.
- Vigorously initiate international major science projects.
- Ease the criteria for foreign talents' applying for permanent residence.
- Improve the quality and efficiency of supply and stimulate real demand to strengthen new growth momentum.
- Foster new competitive advantages of foreign trade by exporting more high-end equipment and cutting-edge products with high added value.
- Further implement 'Made in China 2025' strategy and focus on manufacturing innovation and the integration of information and manufacturing technologies.
- Support strategic emerging sector and improve its share in GDP to 15 percent.
- Boost information technology, new energy vehicles, biological technology and low-carbon industries, as well as high-end equipment and materials.
- Nurture the growth of high-tech sectors involving semiconductors, robots and intelligent systems.
- Speed up building a new generation of information infrastructure.
- Advance 5G telecom technology and comprehensively upgrade to IPv6.
- Implement 'Internet Plus' and promote Internet technologies to revolutionize production and organization modes.
Source: The Central People's Government of the People's Republic of China
Photo: China's CDM technology application in manure treatment of animal (Credit: Institute of Evironment and Sustainable Development in Agriculture in China)